Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy New Year

It is the first day of the Chinese New Year. I am very happy to receive so many sms from friends, colleagues and ex-colleagues wishing me and my family with the most heart-warming words and auspicious symbols. I am rather reluctant to delete some of the messages from friends who must have given some good thoughts on the choice of words and sentences. These short but powerful messages, from near or far, strengthen our friendships that transcend physical, social, professional or hierarchical barriers. However, I can't help thinking at the same time, of some people who frequently sms me, asking for various helps, somehow or rather, have their batteries running low or at locations with super low coverage, on this auspicious day. I know, or rather I like to think, that they have tried frantically, to reach me but their handphones are just not cooperating too well. (Please do not take this too seriously. Just for some fun to keep up with the momentum of writing.)

Niu-Bull in Chinese just in case someone may be tempted to correct my spelling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May this Chinese New Year brings you good luck, good fortune, good times. And may you be blessed with more wisdom. Be happy.

~ aimnwanie ~ said...

good perfomance...i ex student in school smk tengku aris bendahara..year 2006.My blog aiminwanie.blogspot.com